Company and KTP Associate nominated as Construction Award Finalists
Blackpool-based Create Construction and their KTP Associate, Eric Lou, are finalists for the Business Innovation and Young Achiever of the Year Awards respectively, in the North West Regional Construction Awards 2012.
In collaboration with the University of Salford, the Company has used a KTP project to develop a quality management system to address corporate responsibility (CR), and was a key factor in their nominations.
As part of the KTP, Create has initiated several new policies and best practice guides - Pollution Control Policy; Sustainable Procurement Policy; Water Environment Policy; and Carbon Policy. So far, the CR policy has been developed and aligned to the newly established ISO 26000 and AccountAbility (AA1000) in aspects of Corporate Governance, Employees, Community, Business-to-Business and Environment.
Create has 2 sites in the top 10% most considerate sites in the UK during 2011 and aim to achieve more in 2012. By reducing construction waste, decreasing carbon emissions, employing locally, expanding local knowledge and giving back to the local community, Create Construction in partnership with the University is moving ever closer to their goal of becoming a leader in their field.
You can read the full story at http://createconstruction.co.uk/gfx/rise.pdf
Award nomination page at http://www.constructionawardsnw.co.uk/finalists.html
Create Construction Ltd at http://www.createconstruction.co.uk
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate's project presented to Parliament
- KTP collaboration between InterContinental Hotels Group and Oxford Brookes University wins prestigious Partnership of the Year Award in Global Risk Awards 2013
- CIHE Study Report - KTP Management Board Response
- Enabling a resilient energy system - £1m investment for KTP call in Power Electronics
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority to fund KTPs